US Chamber Searches for Manager, Northwest Region
Manager, Northwest Region
If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
Help develop and coordinate grassroots legislative and political activities in the six Northwest region states: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and maintain relationships with members of Congress and their regional and Hill staffs.
- Strengthen relationships with state, regional, and local chambers.
- Cultivate grasstops relationships.
- Activate Chamber membership on key policy issues.
- Bolster advocacy programs through training programs.
- Perform candidate and issue research.
- Recommend candidates for political endorsements and support endorsed candidates.
- Represent the Chamber at events.
- Contribute to the development of grassroots legislative strategies and identify emerging issues.
- Conduct outreach to Chamber members to enhance the legislative agenda and provide membership services.
- Carry out targeted outreach beyond the Chamber’s membership.
- Build and maintain media relationships.
- Manage and maintain social media messaging.
- Work with other regional staff to conduct nationwide programming.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff in Government Affairs and other departments.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED (REQUIREMENTS):
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience working in a congressional office, lobbying, working on a campaign, or engaging in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of key issues affecting the business community.
- Political or legislative connections in one or more of the Western states.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent public speaker.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.