Sales Specialist - All Lines
The Sales Specialist directly contributes to and supports sales goals of the agency or specialist department as communicated from the agent to meet short-term and long-term goals for agency growth. This includes new business, cross-sell opportunities, customer service, retention, and profit goals.
CORE JOB DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Must be licensed in Property & Casualty as well as Life, Accident and Health.
- Solicits and writes new business for his/her specialist department.
- Coordinates with the agent and/or Account Executive to aid in determining proper coverage.
- Field underwriting and rating for new accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of new products and initiatives.
- Pursues a program for development of personal and business skills.
- Actively solicits expiration dates from new clients and prospects.
- Develops agency relationship with existing clients.
- Meets the production requirements and goals assigned by the agent or agency manager.
- Maintains monthly sales records and provides a copy for review to the agent and/or Account Executive.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree highly preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience highly preferred.
- Sales and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a fearless and positive attitude.
- Self-motivation and goal-orientation.
- Desire to continually learn new products and services.
- Desire to be active in the community.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good credit history – no chapter 11 or 13 bankruptcies within the last 12 months. No chapter 7 bankruptcy in the last 3 years.
- Be able to pass an illegal drug screening.
- A favorable criminal record – no Felonies.
- Ideal candidate will have basic PC skills, basic math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills, the ability to multi-task, bilingual (if applicable to area), and strong verbal and written communication skills.