Do you have a passion for numbers and being a detective to make sure the numbers add up?? Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in our community? BONNEY-WATSON is a family-owned company that has provided funeral, cremation and cemetery services to generations of families just like yours; forming solid relationships with both the people and the communities we serve. We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our team!
Records sales/payments to customer accounts, monitors past due accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Enters all sales contracts into accounts receivable database using appropriate coding. Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts by customer.
- Records monthly deposits and maintain appropriate records for an adequate audit trail.
- Back up for processing of daily deposits and tracks merchant receipts.
- Generate and mail statements and delinquency notices on all accounts monthly to determine viability. Research and report on delinquent accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Research and process chargebacks, returns, bad checks, credit balances and refunds.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up with appropriate parties. May include follow-up telephone inquiries to collect unpaid balances.
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate individuals or departments. Provides Cemetery Administrative Assistant with “Paid In Full” list monthly to facilitate PATF Trust withdrawals.
- Keeps Chief Financial Officer informed of non-routine situations and complaints.
- Acts as back-up for filing of Funeral Insurance claims and associated tasks.
- Other related special projects, as requested or required.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include the following.
- Maintain electronic filing system.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to other managers or departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
• Ability to maintain accurate filing of invoices.
Two or more years related experience and/or training.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions.
Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required. Experience with accounting software desired.
Certificates and Licenses
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. Noise level is moderate. Upon completion of probationary period, up to 40% of hours could be worked from home provided employee has access to a self- provided computer and telephone and is 100% accessible during scheduled work-from-home time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. Extensive keyboard typing is required. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Regularly use the telephone to speak to clients, vendors and staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.