MacKay Sposito is seeking a Civil Designer to join our growing Transportation and Public Works team. We have some fantastic projects on the horizon and we are looking for a bright and collaborative individual to add to our already talented team.
When you see the words “we’re just like family” in a job posting, do you run for the hills? We get it. But rest assured, when we say “family” at MacKay Sposito, we don’t mean your weird uncle. Think of us as your cool cousins: the ones you play ping pong and darts with at every reunion, or actually look forward to meeting for happy hour. Because we like to do all that stuff, too! (And don’t even get us started on cornhole tournaments or Chili Dog Day). Yes, we’re serious about our work – but we’re serious about fun, too. If that sounds good to you, let’s talk. Because life is too short to dread Mondays.
We intend to fill this position with a candidate who brings with them a critical and related set of skills, knowledge, and experiences. All are encouraged to apply, even those who believe they do not meet every single one of the qualifications. Simply put, we are interested in finding the best candidate for the job.
Keys to Success:
- Excited about and able to quickly learn new skills.
- Prepare engineering designs and specifications on assigned portions of a project accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work under the supervision and guidance of professional engineers
- Review and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance to code and design requirements.
- Ability to actively manage individual tasks assigned to meet deadlines, communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain professional co-worker and client relationships.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree with major coursework in civil engineering OR related engineering discipline, or equivalent in work experience (Civil Drafting and Design)
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in Civil Engineering and/or, drafting and design experience; Public Works and Transportation experience is a major plus
- Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent computer, writing, communication and customer service skills
- Have a good understanding of the primary disciplines of civil engineering
- Be able to develop project drawings, plans, specifications, and calculations.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
At MacKay Sposito, we’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a unique and diverse mix of employees who enjoy each other’s company. In addition to having first-rate technical skills, we search out people who are friendly, honest and dedicated to their work. We know work isn't only about who you work for, it is also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:
With a diversified portfolio of business segments including civil engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying, construction management, environmental services, and entitlement and planning services, coupled with our strategic mix of public and private clients, we feel well positioned for stability and growth.
MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities, whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients
Employment requires passing a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
As a federal Contractor we participate in E-Verify.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.