Member Advisor I (full- time)
Red Canoe Credit Union hires passionate, knowledgeable and dependable individuals who are committed to making a difference. As a not-for-profit financial institution owned by our members, we believe in the value of people over profit. If you’re looking for a place to start a rewarding career you can be proud of, then Red Canoe might be the place for you.
POSITION PURPOSE - The Member Advisor I provides a seamless delivery of member service from routine teller services to complex issues by assisting in a branch environment. The role will be required to deliver a high-quality member experience while using their knowledge of multiple products and will identify, diagnose, and act on members’ consumer financial needs, including referrals to the appropriate line of business for specialized services. The Member Advisor I utilizes their thorough knowledge of credit union products, consumer loans, lines of credit and deposit products (such as savings, checking, money market, and certificate of deposit), to provide excellent service to the member. The Member Advisor I is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert to members creating an outstanding member experience and delivering expertise in specialized financial services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• TELLER DUTIES_ - _Assist members with their accounts over the telephone, in drive up, or at the front teller line. Maintain cash drawer, assist with Cash Dispatch. Process teller transactions which include withdrawals, deposits, Visa advances, payroll deduction changes, money orders, etc. Abide by over-the-counter check acceptance limits for Business and Personal checks. All items above the limit will require approval from Branch management. Assist guest members with allowed shared branching. Vault Teller duties as needed.
• MEMBER/ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE - Provide assistance with all credit union products and services, and products offered my Red Canoe Financial Group. Open and maintain all new accounts, products, and services. In addition, handle complaints, troubleshoot, research, and maintain accurate records associated to services provided.
• LENDING – Assist members by conducting basic loan product conversations complete a paper application when appropriate and refer action to authorized personnel for recommendations and decisions.
• DISBURSING – Assist branch personnel with loan disbursements through Episys.
• SALES & SERVICE PERFORMANCE - Effectively refer products and services and their features and benefits as outlined in the CUNA “Creating Member Loyalty” program. Track referrals, member relationships and contacts using the program software. Make quality product and service referrals to existing members & non-members. Sales efforts include, but not limited to, referrals, buyouts, Sales and Service mystery shops, and out bound sales calls.
• _ CRITICAL JOB FACTORS_*
• Dependability – Following through on assignments and counted on to complete assignments in a timely and competent manner. Must be self – directed, takes initiative and is proactive.
• Employee/Member Relations – The degree to which employee/member service application is demonstrated in the day-to-day business environment.
• Adaptability - Showing openness to change and new ideas. Ability to adjust to changing work requirements and respond to new situations.
• Quality Service – The percentage earned on quality service rating from Mystery Shops.
• Teamwork & Cooperation – Promote a positive, productive and professional working environment. Demonstrating sensitivity, cooperation, understanding and respect.
• Productivity – Level of work output or productivity as compared to a standard or compared to others.
• Policy Compliance – The degree to which the individual complies with company policies.
• _ OTHER CRITICAL JOB DUTIES_*
• Maintain good telephone and communication skills.
• Assist with month-end and daily reports for department.
• Maintain and processes signature cards.
• Maintain member information in computer.
• Maintain safe deposit boxes and records.
• Scanning of checks, signature cards, loan documents
• Assist members as needed to provide quality services with knowledge of products and services to effectively cross-sell/referrals.
• Knowledge of dividend calculations
• Knowledge of compliance related issues
• Resolve and report member complaints.
• Understand and explain deposit coverage (NCUA)
• Process share draft check orders, stop payment, statement, share draft reconciliation and copy requests, payroll deduction and maintenance and eServices
• Provide accurate quality service on loan inquires.
• Duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
• Must be bondable.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must possess people skills; be friendly and outgoing with members and employees.
• Excellent oral and written communication/ presentation skills
• Outstanding public relations skills; outgoing and friendly
• High degree of accuracy and competence, including basic math.
• High motivation to cross sell/communicate services.
• Must be dedicated to achieving goals set by management.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of Credit Union philosophy and professional cross selling and service skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Credit Union teller experience, preferred.
• 1 year New Accounts and lending experience preferred; related training or experience considered.
• Keyboard proficiency
• Ability to read English by sight; and both speak and write English
• Ability to hear by telephone and in person.
• _ ESSENTIAL MENTAL, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS_*
• General - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Physical - Office mobility required. Approximately 20% standing, 70% sitting, 10% walking, as need demands. Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including a computer or typewriter keyboard, 10-key calculator, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. Other demands include talking, handling & reaching, seeing (corrected vision) and hearing in normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Occasional light lifting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Periodic inter-branch or interdepartmental access may be required, including for distribution and access to various materials, equipment, meetings, etc. Storage and retrieval of materials, maximum reach required is 84 inches.
• Mental - Mental effort required involving considerable organization, planning and analytical efforts with superior communication. General demands include alertness, observation, empathy, ingenuity, learning ability, problem solving; patience; initiative; memory; objectivity, creativity, speaking ability, reading, and writing ability, judgment, persuasiveness, concentration, flexibility, precision, and auditory discrimination.
• Environmental - Minimal discomfort from heat, dust, air conditioning. The noise level is usually moderate, including external road noise. Transport within remote branch and/or main office/facility may be single or multilevel (as required) including a variety of stairways, elevators, etc. Exposure to computer and other electronic equipment. Lunch/break area exposed to microwave; and is in the basement at main office. Facility is 100% free of tobacco smoke.
• Equipment - Essential equipment used includes but may not be limited to telephone, personal computer, other on-line computer terminal(s), calculator, and office security systems. Non-essential equipment generally includes paper shredder, photocopy machine, facsimile (fax) machine, etc.
Job Type: Full-time