Brantley Janson, a leading local Certified Public Accounting and advisory firm is looking for an experienced bookkeeper with solid QuickBooks knowledge and excellent communication skills. The ability to manage deadlines while working directly with multiple clients in various industries with a variety of accounting issues is required. The ideal candidate is a positive team player who is excited about client bookkeeping support as we work together to exceed client expectations.
• Performs all duties associated with full charge bookkeeping and financial reporting, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
• Prepares Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and other financial documents.
• Records financial transactions in accounting software.
• Maintains monthly general ledgers including chart of accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
• Reconciles bank accounts and other general ledger accounts to sub ledger balances or other supporting documentation.
• Prepares and enters journal entries as needed, including depreciation, amortization and payroll journal entries.
• Processes accounts payable for multiple clients.
• Processes payroll and makes deposits for multiple clients
• Organizes after-the-fact accounting and payroll records provided by clients.
• Prepares payroll tax returns including federal returns and state withholding and unemployment returns; Prepares sales tax returns; Prepares year end payroll and accounts payable information returns (W2/W3, 1099/1096).
• Ability to anticipate the needs of clients by using effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to balance multiple projects, organize and prioritize work within a budget.
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people.
• Ability to support time-based requests; able to function effectively in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment with deadlines and frequent interruptions
• 3 years accounting experience; 2 year accounting/bookkeeping degree a plus
• Consulting or CPA Firm experience preferred or equivalent experience with multiple concurrent clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks (desktop and on-line)
Competitive Salary and generous benefits
Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
• 401(k) • 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Education: • High school or equivalent (Preferred) Experience:
Bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location